The worst place in Eugene for having a bike stolen over the past two years? South Eugene High School tops the list with 34 reported thefts in 2014-2015.
Eugene Public Library came in at No. 2 with 24 reported thefts, and the new Capstone apartment complex was third with 17. Here’s a map showing the 10 spots in town with the most reported bike thefts from Jan. 1, 2014 through Dec. 31, 2015. (Click on the numbers to see details).
The rest of the top 10 (from a theft report provided the Eugene Police Commission):
- Stadium Park Apartments, 90 Commons Drive (16 reported thefts)
- 5th Street Public Market, 296 E. Fifth Ave. (15)
- Ducks Village, 3224 Kinsrow Ave. (14)
- YMCA, 2055 Patterson St. (14)
- Wal-mart, 4550 W. 11th Ave. (10)
- Parkside Apartments, 4075 Aerial Way (10)
- Spencer View Apartments, 2250 Patterson St. (10)